Permanent position based in Boston, U.S.
yet2 is seeking an experienced, energetic individual to deliver licensing and commercialization services to our Global 1000 client base. This individual will work with our Vice President and independently to identify new markets and applications for products and technologies that our clients believe have growth potential outside of their existing core markets. This is an ideal position for a candidate with a passion for enabling business growth.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in and an aptitude for technology commercialization and business development, preferably involving the areas of engineering, materials, and/or manufacturing.
- Is experienced with and enjoys primary and secondary market research of industries, market segments, applications, competitors, and trends.
- Is skilled at synthesizing findings and transforming them into compelling recommendations
- Is able to work with, communicate with, and manage large company clients, at all levels, ensuring complete satisfaction and repeat business opportunities.
- Pays attention to detail and demonstrates an ability to consistently deliver on commitments.
- Is a self-starter and has the ability to handle multiple projects efficiently.
Candidates should have two to five years of experience in new business development in a technical environment. Also, candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Major Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Contract Business Development Services: Find new market and application opportunities for our clients. Work with VP to set project strategies, manage clients, and execute projects by identifying opportunities and initiating “Introductions.”
- Licensing Services: Research and understand value propositions for client technologies. Find relevant market opportunities. Identify prospective licensees, engage them, and progress them toward license agreements.
- Market Research: Conduct both primary and secondary market research.
- Reporting and Presenting: Draft and prepare well-written, high-quality summary reports and presentations for clients.
- Drive to Deals: While we are not a sales organization, our success will inevitably be measured by new business generated (license fees, sales revenues) by/for our clients.
- Drive Repeat Business: Build trust and credibility with clients in order to translate successful projects into future engagements.
Undergraduate or Graduate education in technical discipline (preferably engineering, materials and/or manufacturing) or in business
- General – History of strong academic performance
- Analytical – Familiarity and comfort with some technical/scientific disciplines.
- Communication – Experience and skill in building and delivering projects/ presentations; Attention to detail
- Interpersonal – Excellent interpersonal and external relationship building skills; Team player interested in working in a team-oriented environment
- Japanese (not required, but a plus)
If you have the skills required and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to Katie Hassell at email@example.com.