This company is looking for functional ingredients applicable for beverages or foods that may have efficacy to alleviate the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. These symptoms include itchy, red, swollen, and cracked skin.
Atopic dermatitis (AD), also known as atopic eczema, is a type of inflammation of the skin (dermatitis). It results in itchy, red, swollen, and cracked skin. The condition typically starts in childhood with changing severity over the years. Atopy is an immediate-onset allergic reaction (type 1 hypersensitivity reaction), like asthma, food allergies, AD, or hay fever.
The cause of AD is not known, although there is some evidence of genetic factors, and some evidence that growing up in a highly sanitary environment encourages AD.
Specifically, we are seeking materials that affect the immune response or immune balance of the intestinal tract and/or the moisturizing function (barrier function, etc.) of the skin. We are also interested in a material with novel mechanisms other than the above-mentioned immune response, immune balance of the intestinal tract, or the moisturizing function (barrier function, etc.) of the skin.
We would like you to suggest materials and provide the following information.
- Active ingredient
- Mechanism of action
- Efficacy/effect on the atopic dermatitis symptom
- Clinical trial on human (This is optional.)
- This company wants to identify ingredients with quantifiable effects. Any ingredient or mechanism of action will be considered even those with unexpected or unusual mechanisms of action.
- It is said that the mechanism of onset is caused by an imbalance between Th1 and Th2 of the T cells. If there is a mechanism of onset other than “imbalance of Th1 and Th2,” we are interested in the suppression technology for that mechanism. It would be much better to have materials which could improve both “imbalance of Th1 and Th2” and the “moisturizing function (barrier function, etc.) of the skin.”
- If you can supply materials that will prevent a baby’s atopic dermatitis if taken by a woman during pregnancy, we would like to consider such suggestions.
- We are also interested in materials that prevent onset of psoriasis or that alleviate its symptoms
Suggested ingredient will need to be approved by food safety authorities in major countries.
You should have some evidence for your ingredient’s efficacy and understanding of its mechanism of action.
We do not place any constraints on the type of deal, including material supply or technology license.
Possible Solution Areas: