yet2 is seeking a junior-level or entry-level Associate to assist in delivering technology licensing and commercialization projects with our global clients. The successful candidate will work with our Vice President, our Lead Consultant, and independently, to execute projects. Key elements of the role will be to identify new markets and applications for products and technologies that our clients believe have growth potential outside of their existing core markets.
The ideal candidate:
- is a self-starter and has the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects.
- pays attention to detail and demonstrates an ability to consistently deliver on commitments.
- has had some exposure to tech transfer in a university or corporate setting.
- has some experience with and enjoys primary and secondary market research of industries, market segments, applications, competitors, and trends.
- must thrive in finding contacts across industries and contacting them directly, usually by phone.
- is skilled at tracking and synthesizing findings and transforming them into useful recommendations.
- has aptitude for technology commercialization and business development, preferably involving the areas of engineering, materials, and/or manufacturing.
- Is interested in and able to work with large company clients, at all levels, ensuring complete satisfaction and repeat business opportunities.
Educational Requirements: Undergraduate education in technical discipline (preferably engineering, materials, manufacturing or life sciences) and/or in business.
Additional Skill Requirements:
- General – History of strong academic performance
- Computer literate – Fluency in Microsoft office, especially EXCEL.
- Communication – Skill in delivering and presenting findings; Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal – Excellent internal and external relationship building skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Required language: English
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Major Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Market Research: Conduct both primary and secondary market research.
- Market Opportunity Assessment services: Research and understand value propositions for client technologies. Find relevant new market and application opportunities for the technologies and vet those opportunities for fit with client technology value propositions. Engage with industry players. Initiate “Introductions” where appropriate.
- Licensing services: Understand the intellectual property (IP) client seeks to license. Find prospective target companies and associated contact information. Construct and execute initial outreach templates and scripts to introduce license opportunity to target companies.
- Reporting and Presenting: Draft and prepare well-written, high-quality slide presentations and written summary reports for clients.
- Participate in completing deals: Our collective success will be measured, in large part, by new business generated (license fees, sales revenues) by/for our clients. Apply a drive to deals mentality to support Vice President and Lead Consultant in closing deals.
- Repeat Business – Build trust and credibility with clients and industry contacts to translate successful projects into future engagements.
If you have the skills required and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to Katie Hassell at email@example.com.
yet2 helps ignite corporate innovation. Since 1999, we seek and secure technologies to drive business growth through external collaborations. Our clients benefit from our expert knowledge and experience in Open Innovation and our appreciation for corporate realities. They consider yet2 to be a strategic partner, providing a full range of innovation services in technology scouting, start-up/small company sourcing, out-licensing, and anonymous patent buying. We have global technology and venture networks through our offices in Boston, Liverpool, Tokyo, and Wilmington (DE), with additional broker partners across the world. Our sophisticated searching strategies, rigorous technology evaluation tools, industry familiarity and execution excellence, bring companies tangible results with real opportunities to establish productive collaborations and to do deals.