A yet2 client is seeking to identify coatings to improve the durability of their plasterboard and plaster product ranges in order to reduce maintenance costs associated with wall surfaces within buildings.
These coatings could be applied onto the plasterboard substrate. Alternatively, the coating could be integrated within the plaster finish. These solutions could provide self-healing functionality, or scratch, abrasion or impact resistance.
- Product or installation cannot outweigh the cost to repair within a reasonable timescale.
- Raw materials need to be available at the volume required
- No detrimental sustainability impacts in terms of supply chain or product disposal
- No safety issues in application or in disposal.
Possible Solution Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Self-healing coatings
- Scratch resistant coatings
- Impact resistant coatings
- Abrasion resistant coatings
Desired outcome of the solution:
Ideally a partner would be able to provide an off-the-shelf coating that can be integrated into the client’s product line however applicable solutions at an earlier stage of development will still be considered.