yet2 is seeking a junior level consultant to assist the management and maintenance of Open Innovation (OI) Portal services with our global clients. The successful candidate will work with other yet2 Project Leaders and Consulting Directors to execute projects. This role is an avenue toward accelerated career growth at yet2.
OI Portals are web-based platforms for innovators to submit their ideas to global clients.
Key elements of the role will be to help upgrade yet2’s OI Portal offering, spearhead marketing and sales of the portal offering, maintain and update existing portals, and manage submissions that are submitted through these portals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a self-starter
- Has an appetite for delivering valuable projects
- Has experience with software product development, and preferably also with APIs and search engine optimization
- Has the skills to manage, interact with and communicate with large-company prospects and clients in an effective manner…paying attention to detail and demonstrating an ability to consistently deliver on committed tasks
In addition, she/he should have interest in building long-term relationships with clients, ensuring repeat business opportunities.
The role will also be to support the Technology Scouting team in searching for, assessing and presenting disruptive technologies in front of “tech-buy” clients when needed.
Major Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Portal Submissions management:
- Review, filter, and respond to technology submissions for various portals.
- Technology Database Management – Collate new technology information from various sources for in house database.
- Product Upgrades: Work with the yet2 portal team to manage portal service and individual portal upgrades. This includes, but is not limited to, managing content and functionality updates, reporting and SEO upgrades.
- Report writing: Contribute to drafting reports and presentations for clients including gathering and interpreting data in to build monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Marketing: Partner with the marketing team to update yet2 OI portal sales materials, write and publish blog post/media pieces about yet2 OI portals and success stories. Co-ordinate and organize webinars on OI portals.
- Drive repeat and new business: Build trust, momentum and insight at key clients, in order to translate successful projects into proactive scouting work alongside identifying new opportunities and working with the sales team to bring in new OI Portal clients.
- Project Execution: Work with the yet2 portal team to assist the project management of portal build projects and portal redesign projects.
Undergraduate or Graduate (MS or PhD) preferably in engineering or science.
- General – History of strong academic performance.
- Software – Experience with software product development.
- Analytics – Familiarity and comfort with some technical/scientific disciplines.
- Communication – Experience and skill in building and delivering projects / presentations; Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal – Excellent interpersonal and external relationship building skills. Team player interested in working in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong conversational and technical English.
- German, Italian, or Chinese language skill are not required, but a plus.
This position can be based out of our global HQ in Waltham, Mass., or either of our UK offices in Liverpool or Nottingham. Note that all offices are currently working remotely/from home due to COVID-19.
If you have the skills required and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to Cecile Degorce (email@example.com).