Mondelēz wants analytical tools to characterize Polysaccharides and Protein structures and models and predict their functionality.
There are methods to characterize basic carbohydrates and proteins but when it comes to more complex polymeric structures, current analytical methodologies are very limited (e.g. fibers can be characterized into soluble and insoluble only). By being able to understand ingredients by connecting their molecular structures with functionality would enable modelling efforts to leverage Mondelēz’s understanding of functionalities and complement the discovery in their main Research fields to enable sourcing strategies that can cover optimized costs, drive sustainability, etc.
Key Success Criteria
- Fast methodologies (results in hours/days instead of weeks or months)
- Rapid prediction of functionality and structure
- Data visualization tools
- Bioanalytical methods/ MALDI-TOFMS/ Computational tools to interpret
- Rapid tests to determine ingredient functionality
- Tools that bring complementary information to LC/MS
What Mondelēz Isn’t Interested In
Preferred Collaboration Types
At this stage, Mondelēz International are open to various types of mutually-beneficial partnerships, but looking for ready-to-commercialize or late phase development solutions.