Our client is interested in forging new partnerships with diverse (specifically black-owned) potential suppliers to develop an ecosystem specifically in product development (including R&D) and contract manufacturing in the beauty and personal care industry. These companies should either be currently certified or have willingness to be certified through the US National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). Other ecosystem relevant categories of diverse minority companies are also of interest including beauty and personal care ingredient suppliers, packaging providers, marketing/advertising, and consumer insight.
- Preferred to be not yet NMSDC certified
- Non-black owned businesses with primarily black skin products or majority black employees are of interest but not fully in scope.
Possible Solution Areas
- Suppliers to black-owned beauty brands
- Members of other black minority-focused organizations
- Black-owned B2B beauty businesses
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Looking for black-owned companies who are willing to be interviewed as potential ecosystem suppliers to our client. The best candidates may be offered a chance to present their business during the Pitch Day, hosted by the client in early 2021.