a yet2’s client is seeking sustainable raw materials that can be used in coatings and paint applications. Materials of highest interest include monomers and inorganic pigment materials.
As companies seek to develop more sustainable products in response to government regulations, environmental concerns, and social preferences, the supply chain of raw materials is a key facet. Coatings and paint systems often require a variety of raw materials ranging from petroleum-based monomers to transition metals for pigments. As new technology develops, there are new processes and sources for these materials that offer a more sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative.
- Sustainable coating materials feature one or more aspect of sustainability, including but not limited to:
- Reduced CO2 footprint
- Sustainable source (plant-based, bio-based, recycled, etc.)
- Energy efficient processing
- CO2 utilization
- Processed by renewable energy
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly
- Sustainable or improved mining practices
- Materials of highest interest include:
- Monomers that are building blocks for materials such as polyesters
- Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
- Transition metals that are commonly used as pigments
- Materials are preferred to be commercially available or near commercial availability
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Open to a variety of partnership opportunities such as supplier or co-development.
Related Tech Needs
Seeking: Biodegradable, Vegan Film-Forming Materials
Seeking: Bio-based Alternatives to Asphalt
Seeking: Sustainable Food Packaging with Barrier Properties
Photo Credit: Clker-Free-Vector-Images from Pixabay & Sustainability by myiconfinder from NounProject.com