yet2 is seeking a technology transfer consultant to lead technology acquisition and commercialization projects with our global clients. The successful candidate will work with yet2 Consulting Directors to execute projects that surprise and delight the clients. This role is an avenue toward accelerated career path growth at yet2.
Key elements of the role will be to assist “tech-buy” clients in searching for and acquiring new technology and, for “tech-sell” clients, to evaluate, package and market their Intellectual Property (IP).
The ideal candidate:
- is a self-starter
- has an appetite for delivering valuable projects
- has aptitude for technology commercialization/deal-making
- has the skills to manage, interact with and communicate with large-company clients in an effective manner…paying attention to detail and demonstrating an ability to consistently deliver on committed tasks
In addition, she/he should have interest in building long-term relationships with clients, ensuring repeat business opportunities.
Major Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Conducting analyses and developing business cases
Projects will involve evaluating client intellectual property assets and technology gaps and developing licensing (in/out) strategies.
- Project execution
Execute projects – work with project team to deliver work product that leverages yet2 capabilities and exceeds client expectations. In concert with the yet2 team, set project strategy, manage client, conduct market research, identify and initiate Introductions with targets, iterate project strategies on the fly.
- Deal Facilitation
Reinforce momentum and avoid hurdles, to convert promising Introductions into completed transactions.
- Report writing
Contribute to drafting reports and presentations for clients. Draw necessary data and results from team and client, determine critical vs. non-critical delivery components, hone appropriate message, and assess client expectations to prepare well written, high quality reports and deliverables.
- Drive repeat business
Build trust, momentum and insight at key clients, in order to translate successful projects into future engagements.
Graduate education in technical disciplines
- General – History of strong academic performance
- Analytics – Familiarity and comfort with some technical/scientific disciplines.
- Communication – Experience and skill in building and delivering projects/ presentations; Attention to detail
- Interpersonal – Excellent interpersonal and external relationship building skills; Team player interested in working in a team-oriented environment
If you have the skills required and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
yet2 operates at the hub of the global technology market-place. Since 1999, we’ve provided Open Innovation services to an international corporate client base. We leverage our global network of affiliates, the 140,000+ users of our online technology marketplace, and a proprietary database of several million innovative technologies and technology needs, to scout cutting-edge companies and technologies beyond the reach of most clients. yet2 has a “network beyond the norm,” with strong personal relationships around the world. We maintain our clients’ anonymity while we search for solutions, assist in opportunity facilitation, and carefully manage expectations and differences across diverse companies and diverse deals. Above all, we provide connectivity and expertise for making deals happen, bringing hundreds of millions of dollars in value to our OI clients.