A yet2 client is seeking advancements in technologies capable of screening bulk materials (dry or wet) by size. This could include enhancements to existing vibrating screen technologies or alternatives to vibrating screen technologies. Innovations that offer performance improvement or enhanced lifetime are of highest interest. Technologies that can monitor vibrating machines for predictive or preventative maintenance are also of interest for this project.
In industrial and mining applications, bulk materials such as sand and rocks must often be separated by size. Current separation methods and technology involve the use of vibrating screens which have drawbacks of efficiencies, limited fatigue life, and high wear. To solve these problems, yet2’s client is looking for novel approaches to screening materials, as well as technologies that can mitigate and/or monitor machine damage.
The ideal screening solution:
- Separates materials by size
- Separates particles with sizes 1 – 200mm, with a separation size of 0.3mm – 50mm
- Separates particles (greater than 50µm) from water for dewatering applications
- Is adaptable to a wide variety of throughput amounts and scales
- Can withstand high potential levels of wear from sorting of hard materials including possible corrosion from contaminants contained within the carrier medium (liquid)
- Has potential for high throughput industrial applications, or the potential to be adapted for such applications
- Able to retrofit existing screening machines improves performance and/or efficiency of the overall screening system
- Extends the life the screening equipment or machine
Other areas of interest include:
- Monitoring solutions for predictive and preventative maintenance
- New technologies for the design and manufacturing of panels for screens
Commercially available solutions are preferred, but earlier stage solutions will be considered.
Possible Solution Areas:
- Mechanical screening systems
- Anti-pegging/blinding systems
- Adaptive excitation
- Adaptive screen geometry
- Adaptive control
- Monitoring for predictive and preventative maintenance
- Monitoring for screen performance optimization
- Embedded sensing technologies
- Panel design and manufacturing technologies
Desired outcome of the solution:
The organization would prefer a solution that is already on the market to roll out into their environment but are open to approaches in development.
Field of use and intended applications:
- Industrial separation