The petrochemical industry is growing and represents a significant proportion of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. CO2 in particular is a strong contributor to global warming. yet2’s client, a large petrochemical company, is seeking to convert CO2 byproduct to value-added products, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and waste, while remaining carbon neutral.
Seeking technologies to convert CO2 to higher-value products including, but not limited to, alcohols, acids, alkanes, olefins, aromatics
- Solution must be at bench scale or above; preferred solutions will be at pilot scale
- Solution must be profitable, or at least cost-neutral
- Interest in entering the Chinese market
Possible Solution Areas:
- Electrochemical processes
- Artificial photosynthesis, depending on cost
Desired outcome of the solution:
Looking for partners to achieve cost-effective carbon utilization at an industrial scale.