A yet2 client seeks food/beverage ingredients that can effectively enhance endurance.
As endurance exercise can greatly reduce the risk of lifestyle-related diseases, they are interested in finding appropriate endurance enhancer(s) for food/beverage applications. Specifically, they are looking for ingredients with the following characteristics:
- Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max)* improvements with clinical data.
- Clinical data for oxygen intake reduction during exercise (for example, materials that can improve running economy)
- Clinical data on increased running distance and/or improvements in running time due to improved endurance.
- Clinical data on improvements in ventilation work thresholds (VT), lactic acid work thresholds (LT), heart rate reduction data etc., which are physiological indicators of improved endurance.
- Other than 1, 2 and 3 above, improvement in exercise performance and physical fatigue with clinical data.
- In vivo animal data for improved endurance.
* Maximum oxygen uptake = Maximum amount of oxygen taken into the body per minute (More oxygen leads to more energy and results in better endurance.)
They are interested only in food/beverage applications (No pharma products).
Possible solution areas:
Desired outcome of the solution:
Your proposed solution will have been tested in food and be safe for consumption. Ideally it will be ready to be added and tested within a wide range of recipes.
Within 12 months
Field of use and intended applications:
Foods and beverages
Previously attempted solutions: