A yet2 client seeks food and medicinal (drug) ingredients that can improve lymphatic function and increase expelled waste products from the body. The role of the lymphatic system is 1) to maintain the immune system, 2) to expel waste (detoxication), and 3) to transport fat. Our client is looking for materials that can or are expected to improve or enhance the ability of the lymphatic system to remove excess water, waste, and fatigue substances from the body.
One of the following conditions must be met:
- Clinical and in vivo (animal model) data supporting the improvement of the lymphatic function.
- Improvement of lymphatic function such as stabilizing lymphatic structure, accelerating lymphatic flow or other mechanisms must be confirmed.
- Clinical data supporting one of the following effects:
- Promote the elimination of wastes such as excess water in the body, fatigue substances, fatty acids, amyloid-β, etc. However, mechanisms related to kidney or bladder function are out of scope.
- Improve and promote blood flow (any mechanism is acceptable with appropriate supporting data).
- In vitro data supporting improved lymphatic function.
- Mechanisms may include Tie-2 activation, anti-inflammatory action, nitric oxide (NO) production etc.
- Data from disease models such as lymphedema, varicose veins, etc. are also acceptable.
- However, mechanisms related to the kidney or bladder are not of interest.
- Materials used in folk medicine for lymphatic flow improvement.
- This includes foodstuffs and medicines with unspecified ingredients used in Oriental medicine (Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, Traditional Chinese Medical Science (TCMS),) for the purpose of normalizing the body’s circulatory function.
Desired Time Frame
Within 12 months
Possible Solution Areas
Food, beverages or Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, TCMS, Oriental medicine, herbs, etc.
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Evidence is required for constraints 1, 2, and 3.
For constraint 4, there is no need to have scientific evidence such as research papers.