A yet2 client is seeking technologies that can allow for the expansion and movement of undersea pipes over short distances. The pipe will be attached at a fixed point at one end, and the proposed solution will need to mitigate occasional movement due to expansion while withstanding high temperatures and pressure.
- Range of movement to be -0.0 to +1.5m
- Temperature range of -50˚C to 220˚C
- Internal Operating Pressure to be up to 138MPa
- External Operating Pressure up to 6MPa
- Suitable for transmission of liquid and/or gas
- External surface must withstand subsea environment
Possible Technology Solution Areas:
Potential approaches may include technologies that are in development or commercially available that are able to allow pipes to overcome movement over short distances. Solution areas may include but are not limited to:
- Expansion joints
- Stuffing box
- Piston arrangement
Desired outcome of the solution:
The organisation would ideally source a solution that can withstand high temperatures and pressures, and be used to mitigate pipe expansion.