This project is no longer open for submissions.
A yet2 client is seeking organic decorative paint for glass surfaces that will be exposed to bleach and detergent. Most candidate paints fail when exposed to bleach and detergent at high temperatures for extended time. Painted surfaces should be able to withstand harsh conditions while maintaining good aesthetics. Some additional considerations around manufacturing preferences and failure criteria are listed below.Our client is seeking organic decorative paint for glass surfaces that will be exposed to bleach and detergent. Most paints fail when exposed to them at high temps for an extended time.Click To Tweet
- Resistant to Bleach and Detergent Vapors including exposure to high temperature for extended time
- Organic paint with good adhesion to glass
- Good pencil hardness
- Good abrasion resistance
- Preferably thermally curable
- Compatible with curing time and temperature with manufacturing process (between 5-15 min). Flexibility in this parameter is desired to be adopted in the current manufacturing process.
- Capability of color matching multiple colors (especially metallics)
- Preferably commercially available paint
- Good printability with conventional printing methods such as screen/silk screen printing
- Good color fastness
- UV resistant
- Cost competitive vs. current Organic paint / comparable to ceramic
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Preferably manufactured in China or at least could be exported to China
Possible Solution Areas:
- Advanced laboratories and research groups working on organic paints technology
- Industry working on organic paint advancements
- Government entities working in this field
Desired outcome of the solution:
Looking for partners to supply an applicable paint. Paints of initial interest may be sampled for efficacy and suitability.