A yet2 client is seeking novel technologies and strategies for the improved preservation and antimicrobial activity in a range of products, without compromising on factors such as efficacy, sensory attributes, and sustainability. A preference is given to technologies that are from sustainable sources and natural materials.
- Water soluble
- Surfactant compatible
- pH compatible
- Broad spectrum activity across all groups of micro-organisms, bacteria, mould, fungi and virus
- No animal testing beyond 2010
- Chemicals that we should avoid: Formaldehyde donor, Isothiazolinone chemistries, IPBC, parabens
- Must be effective against Gram Negative bacteria & Non- Fermenters – Pseudomonas aeruginosa ; Burkholderia cepacia, Enterobacter gergoviae ; Klebsiella pneumoniae; aureus, E. coli and C. albicans
- Ideally effective against Aspergillus brasilensis
Possible Solution Areas
- Novel antimicrobials
- Anti-spoilage food additives
- Packaging technologies
- All ranges of development stage welcome, from academia to launched products.
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Discovery of a compatible preservation technology to extend shelf-life of consumer goods.