Introducing the new Suntory Beyond Ready-To-Drink challenge, novel concentrate finished product forms and technologies are sought for consumer use to create great tasting drinks by adding such formats to water. Formats may include pods, tablets, powders, and cubes.
Suntory is committed to a Growing for Good and reducing the environmental impacts of its business. A key area within the Growing for Good is to reduce the use of virgin plastics especially PET, and we are seeking external technology providers, partners, and experts with novel technologies and solutions which can be used to provide consumers with great tasting drinks through new formats and delivery systems which can eliminate or reduce plastic.
Consumers desire great-tasting and enjoyable drinks. They also desire improved sustainability, reduced environmental impacts, and improved convenience in terms of access, purchase, transport home, storage, and consumption.
New drinks forms, formats, technologies, devices, packaging, distribution, sales, delivery systems, and business models are enabling new solutions in these areas that can provide some or all of these additional consumer desired benefits and may also provide even better great-tasting and enjoyable drinks.
Key Success Criteria
- Eliminates or reduces the use of plastic
- Maintains or improves upon current taste and drinks experience
- Improves sustainability and/or reduce environmental impact
- Provides other desirable properties / effects such as drinks customization
- New drinks forms, formats, packaging, distribution, sales, delivery systems, and business models
- New business models and technologies to deliver more sustainable and better consumer drinking experiences
- New drinks formats and more sustainable drinks packaging materials and delivery systems
Approaches not of interest
Preferred Collaboration types
Suntory is open for joint development, supply agreement, technology acquisition as well as technology licensing.
Suntory would like to receive the following documents/information with your proposal.
- Describe the technology/solution/model
- How the technology and or solution is relevant to our brands (specific or in general)
- Level of maturity of the technology (development stage or just a proposal)
- How adaptable is the technology, can it be used in a wide range of scenarios
- Background information on the people involved in the proposal