Unilever is seeking solutions to address one of the key issues faced by consumers using detergent powder:
- presence of insoluble residues which connote poor value and product quality.
To achieve this, they are looking at alternatives to current insoluble coating/layering aids.
- The coating/layering material should have high resistance to gain moisture from humid environment but should ideally be also be water soluble during use by consumer.
- Cost effective, or comparable to current coating/layering technologies
- Stable, compatible in detergent formulations
- Ideally a formulation solution but open to processing intervention with minimal capital expenditure
- Powder with no insolubles, good dissolution profile, good shelf life and no caking issues
What we are not interested in
- Ingredients with Safety concerns
- Changes to powder sensories (e.g. fragrance, dissolution, foam)