Unilever is seeking new technologies that can significantly improve the quality of post-consumer recycled plastic that comes from mechanical recycling processes. The aim is to overcome the current restrictions in use of PCR, to enable more extensive use of these materials, across a broader portfolio of packaging formats.
- Improved material purity (eg no PP in an HDPE stream)
- Improved odour control
- Improved colour and consistency
- Improved functional properties in use
- Improved processing during conversion
- Inclusion of post-consumer recycled plastic at high levels into plastic packaging of all types (eg bottles, caps, tubs, lids, pouches, sachets etc) whilst ensuring a good quality experience for consumers, with no compromise.
- We are open to the following types of engagement: sponsored research for development and proof of concept testing, consultation, licensing existing technology for Unilever to apply, purchase commercial ready solution, open to any, etc..