Plastic has its place and that place is not in the environment. We want to keep this valuable material where it should be – in the circular economy, where it can be reused, recycled or composted.
- Unilever has a clear strategy: Less plastic. Better plastic. No plastic.
- We’re accelerating our efforts towards a more circular economy for plastic and other packaging materials
Description & Key Features
- We are looking for a material solution that can be applied on an appropriate paper substrate, with stable barrier performance across different climate conditions (including tropical) for dry savoury products.
- Any solutions to the above should allow recyclability in the conventional paper stream, be certified home compostable, marine safe and have no soil toxicity
Desired Outcome (including preferred collaboration types)
Unilever is open to various collaboration types, but solution providers must have at least proof of concept.
What We Aren’t Interested In
- if not certified food grade