yet2 Breaks Record for Client Deals in 2022
To wrap up 2022, yet2 are looking back at our successes over the last 12 months. One of the ways we measure our success is through getting our clients to a deal with the companies we scout on their behalf.
In 2022, we increased our deal count by 60% compared to 2021 and 140% compared to 2020.
Where have our deals come from?
- 55% of our deals have been from our active scouting services, for instance, our topic-specific searches.
- 45% came from our Open innovation portals, showing we deliver impact no matter the service.
- Our deals also came from a range of different industries including CPG, Aerospace, Materials, Energy, Consumer Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals and often featured the hottest scouting topics in 2022, for instance, natural ingredients and sustainable packaging.
What are yet2 doing differently?
We are continuing to evolve our capabilities beyond upfront scouting; scouting is a valuable element to our service, but our focus has always been to generate impact and value creation for our clients coming out of the scouting effort. We have upped our anonymous outreach to collect, filter, and prioritize information for our clients. This hands-on approach to gathering key data directly, coupled with our strategic business understanding, enables us to really understand our client’s pain points and gather the right information our clients need to make informed decisions.
How do we help our clients beyond scouting?
yet2 has been in this industry for over 20 years gaining valuable insight into the do’s and don’ts of Open Innovation. We believe our deal success in recent years has been through sharing our expertise and tips and tricks with our clients through various new offerings:
- Intro2Deal: yet2 provides active facilitation of promising opportunities and helps our clients overcome hurdles, such as advising our clients on how to engage with externals and how and when to get key internal stakeholders bought in. Through our Intro2Deal facilitation and advising, we helped one client this year shave 8 weeks off of their average deal time.
- Open Innovation Portals: coaching our clients on how to get the most value from their open innovation portals. Whether this be through marketing, challenge design and submission management
- Open Innovation Training: 2022 was the first year of our open innovation training course, where we worked with our clients to help their key support functions develop skills around how to partner effectively with external companies, IP contamination, holding off on NDA as long as possible, and more key learnings from yet2’s 20+ years practicing Open Innovation
Contact Us if you would like to get to deal this year and find out how yet2 can help!