The Greenhouse Accelerator APAC Sustainability Edition is designed to help startups in APAC region markets develop and bring their ideas to market. The accelerator’s 10 selected finalists will come from a variety of markets across the APAC region and bring a diversity of new solutions for packaging sustainability and climate action.
Our mission is to help build a more sustainable future by supporting startups that are working to reduce the environmental impact of packaging and mitigate the impacts of climate change. We believe that these areas are critical to the health of our planet and that innovative solutions from startups have the potential to make a real difference in the region.
We are looking for startups that are working to reduce the environmental impact of packaging in the APAC region, whether that be through developing more sustainable materials, improving recycling processes, finding new ways to reduce packaging waste, or supporting a circular economy.
We are looking for startups that are working to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the APAC region, whether that be through carbon capture and storage, renewable energy, or other innovative solutions.
How it Works
- For this 7th Greenhouse Accelerator program, PepsiCo is seeking 10 companies from the APAC region that are accelerating environmental sustainability in the food and beverage industry and whose values are consistent with PepsiCo’s Sustainability vision.
- Selected companies are guaranteed $20,000 USD in grant funding and will need to pitch their product/solution in person at the live event in Singapore. They will participate in a business optimization program designed to accelerate growth.
- The program will feature a one-on-one mentorship program, giving entrepreneurs access to PepsiCo executives and business accelerator experts, whose expertise can help them overcome challenges in product development, supply chain, marketing, distribution, manufacturing, packaging, label claims, fundraising or other elements of their business.
- Final Prize
- At the end of the program, one winning company will be awarded an additional $100,000 USD in funding to continue its expansion, and an opportunity to continue partnering with PepsiCo to further their growth.
- Pre-revenue to $2M USD in sales in the last financial year
- Have business operations in one of the participating APAC region markets (China, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, New Zealand, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Fiji, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pacific Islands, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Vietnam)
- Be willing to work with PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator mentors and public relations team throughout the June-October Accelerator program and attend Accelerator events
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- A clear go-to-market strategy and plan for sustained in-market execution
- Proof of concept and working prototypes ready for review
- Uniqueness in the market
- Balanced gender and ethnic diversity
- Clear & active social responsibility mission
- Aligned with PepsiCo’s Pep+ Sustainability Strategy
- Scalable business model (APAC and global)
- Disruptive, breakthrough, purpose-driven solution or innovation focused on climate solutions and/or packaging sustainability
Latest Tech Needs from PepsiCo:
- Novel Protein Solutions for Beverages
- Tech to Reduce Salt Perception of Electrolytes
- Methodologies to Validate Postbiotics Functional Benefits from Plant-Based Fermentations
- Ingredient Encapsulation Technologies for Beverages