A yet2 client is seeking next-generation technologies that can be used to improve the production of Green Hydrogen (hydrogen created by the splitting of water) at industrial scale.
Hydrogen is increasingly being used in a range of applications (such as aerospace, commercial vehicles, shipping, manufacturing) as a viable energy source to replace traditional fossil fuels.
As the global demand for hydrogen accelerates, there is a need to be able to efficiently produce hydrogen in ever-increasing quantities. Moreover, in order to be carbon neutral, this hydrogen should be produced in the cleanest possible way, which is via the splitting of water using renewable energy sources.
- Produce Hydrogen from splitting water.
- Use renewable energy
- Solutions than can show capability to be scaled up for commercial production (500MW+) are desirable
Possible improvement areas:
- Technologies that improve the utilization of lower quality water sources eg. seawater
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduced CAPEX
- Simplified design
Possible Solution Areas:
- Improvements in individual components within Green Hydrogen Production
- Can include advancements in:
- Electrolysis (e.g. Alkaline, PEM, AEM, Molten Carbonate, SOEC)
- Hybridization of the above technologies
Desired outcome of the solution:
Identification of opportunities for future development and partnership.
Related Tech Needs:
- USBOR Seeking: Portable Power Supplies
- Seeking: Flexible Energy Conversion Tech to Harvest Wave Energy
- PepsiCo Seeking: Alternate Sources of Water