This organization is seeking technologies and solutions (data, processing software, and models) that enable:
- Detection and tracking of global greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane based on optical and SAR data captured by satellites.
- Production of trusted indicators such as equivalent CO2 tons, risk levels, etc.
These technologies and solutions can be provided either on-premise or in SaaS. Ultimately, the organization seeks to use this data to identify emission sources and carbon sinks at a granular level.
- Have a minimum precision of 80%
- Have a minimum recall of 80%
- Be able to provide global coverage
- Demonstrate scientific basis of method/ model & technology (papers, publications, etc.)
- Be fully automated
- Be capable of or used for identifying specific emission sites or sinks
- Be or be eligible to become a recognized standard at regional or global scale (IPCC, ISO, etc.)
- Ideally, be open to a level of customization
Possible Solution Areas (include but are not limited to):
- Global GHG monitoring systems
- Software processing of optical or SAR data
- Satellite datasets providing specific GHG factors insights (e.g. biodiversity)
- Models (Biomass models, carbon capture in soil model, carbon conversion, risk modeling, environmental impact, etc.)
Desired outcome of the solution:
Seeking a partner to provide features on existing or future data service provided through a digital platform
Related Tech Needs
- Seeking: High-Temperature Sensors for Extreme Environments
- Seeking: Advances in Electromagnetic Sensors for Impurity Detection
- Seeking: Precision Metrology for Navigation and Sensing