NASA is seeking space-ready lasers & detectors suitable for lidar applications with low size and weight, and efficient power consumption.
NASA wishes to identify lasers and detectors suitable for spaceflight to develop a CubeSat LiDAR instrument. Preference is given for components that are designed for or proven in a spaceflight environment, or manufacturers with experience manufacturing components for spaceflight. Solutions that have reduced volume, weight, cost, and efficient power consumption will be of most interest.
- Pulsed, 532nm laser
- Compact formfactor (1-2U volume for the laser is ideal)
- Designed with spaceflight in mind, undergone spaceflight preliminary qualification or spaceflight ready
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Identification of a space-ready, compact laser and detector that matches the specifications above.
Related Tech Needs
- NASA Women’s Aqua Boost Challenge
- NASA Seeking: Custom Radiation-resistant Displays
- NASA Seeking: Micro-monitoring/diagnostics for Humans