Deprecated: No Longer Accepting Submissions!
The Exploration Medical Integrated Product Team (XMIPT) at NASA is seeking solutions to increase the mass, power, and volume efficiency of its exploration medical system. NASA seeks to better utilize mass and volume onboard future missions, particularly lengthy missions to Mars. To address this concern with regards to the health and safety of crew, it is desired to reduce the total number of medical devices/implements onboard by incorporating medical devices with a plurality of functions. Medical functions of interest include, but are not limited to, basic vital signs monitoring, ultrasound, and laryngoscopy.
- Monitor vital signs, examples include (but are not limited to):
- Pulse oximetry – SpO2, SpCO
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Incorporate secure video and audio communication
- Incorporate higher functions, examples include (but are not limited to):
- Visual acuity
- Ideally be FDA approved as medical devices
Possible Solution Areas include
(but are not limited to):
- Military medicine
- Emergency services
- Remote health monitoring
Related Tech Needs