Female hormones have a significant impact on a woman’s work efficiency and personal lifestyle. There are several means of testing female hormones, but they are costly and inconvenient for daily use. yet2’s client, a global domestic goods manufacturer, seeks female hormone measurement/estimation technology that is easy and convenient enough to use everyday.
- Capable of measuring a hormone(s) such as luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), estrogen (E2), etc. that enable estimation of ovulation and menstruation. Alternatively, capable of accurately measuring basal body temperature, which enables estimation of hormone levels of above
- If the sample is blood, technologies have to be non-invasive
- Can get the result(s) within one minute
- Can be repeatably used and does not require frequent maintenance (maintenance free for at least 3 months)
- Has potential to be smaller than 5x5x5 cm
- Has potential to be within an acceptable price range for home use
Possible Solution Areas
- Contactless liquid analysis (e.g., spectroscopy)
- Contactless temperature measurement
- Thermal imaging
- Non-invasive blood analysis
- Basal body temperature measurement
- Deep body temperature measurement
- Volatile organic compound (VOC) sensors
- Algorithms – Algorithm to be estimated in combination with the above data
Stage of Development
Established solutions as measurement mechanisms and devices for hormones and basal body temperature are desirable.
We will also consider solutions that have the potential to measure female hormones, if only minor modification is required.
Related Tech Needs
- NASA Seeking; Automated Medical Inventory System
- Seeking: Ostomy and Urinary Retention Sensors
- Seeking: Women’s Digital Health Startups & Femtech