A yet2 client is seeking healthy snacking alternatives to existing snack foods and beverages that promote healthy eating habits. Solutions may come from a wide variety of technology areas but should be focused on reducing or lessening the effects of unhealthy ingredients (e.g., saturated fats, sugars, salt) and/or promoting the uptake of healthier eating habits with a strong focus on contributing to sustainable weight loss.
Healthy eating has become a major concern for consumers globally, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many consumers turn to comfort and indulgent foods like snacks, they are looking for products that have the same convenience, represent healthy choices (e.g. have high protein, reduced sugar, salt, and healthy fats), and have comparable or better taste than the current snack foods they eat. These re-invented foods may support healthy lifestyles including sustainable weight loss.
Healthy Snacking will:
- Have comparable convenience to existing products
- Taste the same or better than existing (unhealthy) snack foods
- Represent a variety of forms or new approaches to snacking
- Be at least at prototype level and available for sampling
- Not contain animal-derived ingredients
- Not be genetically modified (GM)
Desired outcome of the solution:
Looking for partners with the potential for future acquisition or co-development
Related Tech Needs:
- Mondelēz International’s SnackFutures Opens Applications for CoLab 2023
- Mondelēz Seeking: Leavening Technology Enabling Sodium Reduction
- Unilever Seeking: Next Generation Plant-Based Meat Products