A yet2 client is seeking a sustainable and innovative floor maintenance system that can be easily applied on both porous and non-porous floors. The solution must protect the floor from general wear and tear while improving the appearance of the floor. In addition, the solution must be aligned with the client’s sustainable strategy.
The Professional Floor Treatment is a process that couples the deep floor analysis with the use of specific products, accessories/equipment, trained labor & procedures. This type of treatment is applied internally in the places such as shopping centers and supermarkets. However, traditional treatments are complicated, time-consuming, and non-sustainable. The client is looking to identify a solution based on innovative technologies that can simplify the process and can be positioned as sustainable offering. Performance, durability, biodegradability, and reduced energy consumption all play essential roles in evaluating the potential solutions.
Floor maintenance system should:
- Protects the floor of businesses from general wear and tear
- Improves the appearance of the floor – enhancing shine and sealing any pores
- Makes regular cleaning easier through creating a flatter surface
- Incorporates sustainability considerations (energy reduction, biodegradability, etc.)
- Utilizes safe raw materials (e.g., the use of fluorocarbons, zinc ions and dioxolanes is prohibited)
- Feedstocks come from or can be derived from renewable or recycled sources.
- Applicable for both porous and non-porous floors composed of materials such as: concrete, mosaic, unglazed ceramic, vinyl, linoleum, unpolished marble, unpolished granite, flagstone & rubber flooring.
- Easy to apply/can be done without high training requirement.
- Solutions are preferred to be commercially available or near commercial availability
Possible Solution Areas:
Potential solution areas include, but are not limited:
- Surface treatment
- Films and coatings
- Consumer Products
- Specialty chemicals
Desired Outcome of the Solution
Open to a variety of partnership avenues including Supplier, Solution Providers, etc.
Related Tech Needs