An Electricity and Utility client is seeking technologies to generate precise virtual models of large existing assets, including substations, overhead lines and pylons. The company is interested in devices addressing challenges related to current 3D modeling technologies, including low accuracy, and slow processing time. Solutions that can automate the translation of Point Cloud data to a CAD model are also of interest.
Digital models of assets and their associated digital twins are increasingly being used for applications such as maintenance and repair planning, incident monitoring, engineering, construction, simulations, training, safety preparation and operations. yet2’s client would like to further leverage the potential offered by digital modelling.
Key Success Criteria:
- Achieve Millimeter accuracy (minimum requirement of +/- 2cm at 10m distance).
- Fast processing time.
- Electromagnetic field operation capabilities.
- Large asset / area scanning capabilities (e.g. up to 50,000 m2 area).
- User friendly device that could be used either manually or automated.
Possible Solution Areas:
- Drones (aerial or terrestrial)
Desired outcome of the solutions:
Open to a range of development stages from earlier stage startups to commercially available solutions.
Image by kjpargeter on Freepik