Our client is seeking disruptive ingredients for personal care formulations that provide broad spectrum antimicrobial activity (product preservation) in a cosmetic formulation while also providing another activity/benefit such as deodorizing, moisturizing, fragrance, etc.
Due to current regulatory hurdles and a transition away from traditional preservatives such as Parabens, it would be beneficial to use ingredients that have a primary cosmetic benefit while also showing an antimicrobial/preservative effect.
Solution must be:
- Active against gram positive and negative bacteria, yeast and mould (ideally at pH 6-7).
- Compatible with standard cosmetic raw materials.
- pH stable between pH 4-8.
- Temperature stable between 4 – 60°C.
- Non-toxic to humans and environment.
- Derived from renewable/natural resources
Solution should ideally:
- Have an additional function in a cosmetic formulation e.g. Viscosity modification, Emollient, Chelating agent, Emulsifier, etc.
- Be described with an existing INCI.
Possible Solution Areas:
- Existing cosmetic raw materials.
- Novel antimicrobials.
- Antimicrobials from adjacent industries (e.g. food).
Desired outcome of the solution:
Our client is open to many different commercial agreements (licensing, partnership, ingredient supply, joint development, etc) and welcomes discussion.
Related Tech Needs:
- Minority-owned Suppliers in Beauty and Personal Care
- Seeking: Soap Sheet Suppliers
- Seeking: Novel Antibacterials