A yet2 client is seeking novel antibacterials for personal care body washes, hand washes and soap bars. The desired solution needs to have efficacy against gram-positive bacteria, with a particular focus on S. aureus bacteria. Any potential solution should also have proof of efficacy shown via in vitro testing.
- Be incorporated into soap bars/liquids to provide superior germ kill against Gram-positive bacteria.
- Be fast acting – cause a 3-log reduction of gram-positive bacteria within 20 seconds contact time
- Be safe for skin contact
- Be 100% biodegradable and not labeled as microplastic
- Be between pH 9 -11 when in the presence of anionic surfactants.
- Be based on chlorine-based disinfectants, quaternary ammonium compounds (QACs), essential oils, or metals and metal compounds
- Negatively impact on product visual, transparency, and/or physical properties
- Be associated with animal testing
Possible Solution Areas include
(but are not limited to):
- Bacteriophage (including endolysins)
- Other solutions that are designed to attack peptidoglycans
Related Tech Needs
Seeking: Probiotic Lysates for Skin Care Applications
Mondelēz Seeking: Anti-Viral Technology for Packaging
P&G Seeking: Overall Wellness/Health in Fabric Care and Home Care
Unilever Seeking: Long lasting Hygiene Actives for Surface Cleaners
Unilever Seeking: Naturals for Microbiome Control
Photo Credit: Mylene2401 from Pixabay