This organization is seeking innovations in ingredients, formulations, and products for sun care that provide a benefit over current formulations. Examples of such benefits and innovations could be improved SPF rating, cosmetic effects (moisturization, hyperpigmentation, antioxidant combinations, no “white-cast”, hero skin ingredients etc), or enhanced user experience.
Solutions should ideally have some of the following characteristics:
- Organic certifications, or a pathway towards certification
- Silicone-like experience
- Any beneficial claims made must be backed by relevant data.
- Breakthroughs in formulation using mineral or organic components are also in scope.
Possible Solution Areas
- Ingredient or formulation innovations:
- Use of booster ingredients to increase overall SPF rating.
- Use of novel ingredients or unique combination of ingredients.
- User experience innovations:
- Mitigation of the white cast associated with current mineral products.
- Achieving silicon-like feel while using organic formulations.
- Hero skin ingredient combinations and formulations
Desired outcome of the solution
Technologies and/or partners with solutions at a later stage of development are of keen interest. Open to a variety of partnership avenues including supplier or licensing.
Related Tech Needs
- Seeking: Multifunctional Preservatives for Personal Care
- Seeking: Alternative Technologies to Palm Oil as a Raw Material for Surfactants
- Seeking: Novel Antibacterials