2023’s Hottest Scouting Topics
The yet2 team is thankful for another great year supporting our clients across technology scouting and Open Innovation advising. Among the highlights across our clients and industries were alternative/sustainable material supplier searches, novel product formats, innovation tours, packaging, and more.
Throughout the year we saw new trends in technology scouting that we’d like to share with you!
Here are the top 5 technology topics we scouted across our clients in 2023 and a few example projects:
These are platform technologies that may large impact across multiple business units/product lines, even if 3-5+ years from implementation.
- Precision fermentation platform technologies
- GHG emission reduction
Alternative/Sustainable Material Supplier Searches
- Seeking: Alternative Technologies to Palm Oil as a Raw Material for Surfactants
- Seeking: Alternative Sustainable Polysaccharide Sources
- Seeking: Suppliers of Dried Aluminum Hydroxide Gel
- Seeking: Suppliers of Glycol Salicylate
- Seeking: Suppliers of N-Vanillylnonanamide
Post-covid return-to-normal business travel causing the need to explore new technology hubs. We led four different tours on behalf of our clients in these cities:
- Singapore (consumer healthcare)
- SF (big data/AI in healthcare)
- Korea (food/beverage)
- Japan (consumer healthcare)
Sustainable packaging and novel-packaging technologies.
- Seeking: Technologies Enabling Light-Weighting of Large Bottle Packaging Formats
- Seeking: Label-Less Packaging Decorations
- PepsiCo Seeking: Recycling Technologies for Biodegradable Films
- Others: Embedded packaging, Barrier technologies
- Seeking: Innovative Laundry Product Formats
- Seeking: Novel Skincare Products Technologies
- Seeking: Easy Female Hormone Measurement Technology That is Repeatedly Used
- Seeking: Novel Sun Protection Ingredients or Formulations to Improve Protection or Enhance User Experience
Check out our Active Projects to discover more.
We look forward to another exciting year scouting for Open Innovation in 2024!
Join 20,000+ innovation and R&D leaders. Subscribe to yet2′s monthly newsletter, featuring our latest tech searches and tech offerings, along with insights from the yet2 team.